I was given this list some years ago, and it is something that I have tried to follow ever since. I love the points on this list – each one is so profound and meaningful.
THE HANDBOOK OF LIFE
- Make sure that you drink a sufficient amount of water each day.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured.
- Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Make time for your daily cultivation
- Read more useful books than you did in the previous year.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10 – 30 minute walk each day, and while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts on things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over-do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously, no one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Envy is a waste of time and energy. You already have all that you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day do something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spent time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the thing that you ought to do, and not the thing that you want to do.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Pure and peaceful mind heal everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- When you awake alive in the morning, be thankful that you have another day to enrich yourself.
- Your inner true nature is originally happy and at peace. So be happy and let go of all your unnecessary attachments.
Do you have any to add? I would love to hear from you 🙂
Courtesy of Chung Tian Temple