Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be
I made the decision recently to try to surround myself with as many positive people as possible.
The company that you keep really does make a difference – to your mood and your outlook on life.
I am lucky to have some wonderful, positive and inspirational people around me.
In keeping with that theme, I have decided to start a weekly blog post featuring a person that inspires me.
So keep an eye out for the first post in the coming days 🙂
In the meantime, here is a quick reminder of the benefits of surrounding yourself with positive people:
- They are fun (and who couldn’t do with more fun in their lives?!!)
- They are energising
- They smile a lot
- They encourage you to be the best person you can be
- They help you appreciate every moment, and notice the beauty around you
- They think positively, and therefore act positively
- They will lift you higher
Everybody deserves somebody who helps them look forward to tomorrow. If someone has the opposite effect on you, because they are consistently inconsistent and their actions don’t match up with their words, it’s time to let them go. It’s always better to be alone than to be in bad company. ~