In a perfect world we would all meditate twice a day for 30 minutes… at least.
But it’s not a perfect world.
It’s a busy, crazy, wonderful, sometimes stressful and chaotic world.
With demanding jobs, families to take care of, kids to raise, and countless other things vying for our attention.
When it comes to meditation, even a brief moment of mindfulness is beneficial.
One deep mindful breath can have benefits.
So here are a few ideas for when you have a chance to grab a moments break.
- Close your eyes (if possible) and take a deep slow breath
- Notice the sensation of the air entering your nostrils. Is it cold or warm?
- Concentrate on the sensation of your lungs expanding
- Quickly scan over your body. Are there any areas of tension? Can you relax your stomach muscles? Drop your shoulders? Are you frowning?
- Release the breath slowly through your mouth
- Concentrate on the breath as it leaves your body.
Open your eyes, keep calm, and carry on 🙂